Business After Hours/THRIVE Event 1-25-18
Trademark Basics: What Every Small Business Should Know Now, Not Later.
- How trademarks, copyrights, patents, domain names, and business name registrations all differ.
- Why any new business should select a trademark that will be both federally registrable and legally protectable, highlighting factors critical when choosing a mark.
- The importance of doing a complete search and whether to use an attorney.
- What to do if another trademark owner sends a "cease-and-desist" letter.
- How to apply to seek federal registration and the role of the USPTO.
- How to avoid "scams" perpetrated by companies that request fees for services not required by the USPTO.
- What happens after registration.
This session's panelist is:
United States Patent and Trademark Office
Craig Morris works within the Office of the Commissioner for Trademarks in the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO), Alexandria, Virginia. Currently, he is the Managing Attorney for Trademark Educational Outreach, spearheading the effort for increased USPTO educational activities in the area of trademark fundamentals. For fourteen years prior, he was the Managing Attorney for the Trademark Electronic Application System, focusing on making the Trademark Operation a total e-government environment. Mr. Morris has been with the USPTO since 1983, previously serving as a Law Office Examining Attorney, Senior Attorney, and Managing Attorney.
Business After Hours and THRIVE have come together for an after-work business social featuring refreshments, table-tops, a cash bar and a great way to meet and engage with other business people. ChamberRVA is all about developing relationships to help you and your business succeed. So, come join us and check it out.
With a start time of 6:00 pm, PARKING will not be an issue for this event. Guests for BAH can pay $4 on their way into the deck, starting at 4:00 pm, until the deck attendant leaves at 7:00 pm.
Interested in a Table-top?
Table-top space is $110 (includes 2 drink tickets), very limited and will be handled on a first come first served basis and a ChamberRVA member benefit. Reserve your table-top today by calling Stephanie Phillips at 804.783.9350 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
MARK YOUR CALENDAR NOW FOR UPCOMING SESSIONS:
- Thursday, June 7, 2018
"... I've attended a lot of events of this nature, and I have to say last night was different in one respect ... normally you make a lot of contacts, but not that much in the way of concrete appointments or sales. Well, last night I made more appointments and sales that ever ... what a night!"
Testimonial from: Sumit Bhandari, Business Development Manager & Branch Manager of Central VA for iconma - expertise you can trust