If you aspire to greater social impact and more purpose – where do you start?
Join us on Tuesday, March 14 from 9:00 a.m - 11:00 a.m. for “The Power of Purpose: Exploring the Basics of Corporate Social Responsibility”, a program offered by ChamberRVA and the Community Foundation for a Greater Richmond to learn how your organization’s purpose can drive your Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) strategy. We’ll share basics and best practices, providing you with the knowledge and resources to begin developing programs that engage employees, align with your business strategy and strengthen your community impact.
This program is designed to support:
- Individuals who are interested in spearheading a CSR program within their business
- Individuals who are new to community engagement practitioner roles
- Business leaders who want to think about how to strategically engage their employees – and leverage their resources – in the community
During the program you will:
- Connect with community-minded professionals for relationship building and best practice sharing on corporate social responsibility
- Learn about volunteer engagement or philanthropic giving strategies that maximize benefits for employees, your business, and the broader community
- Help strengthen your organization’s community impact by aligning knowledge and resources to regional priorities
Will Melton is the founder and CEO of Xponent21, a Richmond-based brand, and digital agency. He serves as the 2023 Chair of the Branding & Marketing Committee for the ChamberRVA Board of Directors as well as Treasurer of the Board at Housing Families First, the region's largest emergency shelter for families with children. Will is a graduate of Leadership Metro Richmond Quest, '20, and leveraged his immersion experience there to kickstart America's Healthiest City, a 10-year community partnership that aims to make the region the healthiest in the nation. Will and his team are also behind the Go Nutz For Housing campaign, a partnership between Xponent21, Housing Families First, and The Richmond Flying Squirrels, as well as RichmondHires.com, a truly local careers site, and Richmond Water, a brand created to change the way that people drink water.
|As Marketing and Outreach Manager for Dominion Due Diligence Group (D3G), Emily Charreun is responsible for aligning marketing strategy with business goals and objectives, including brand awareness, graphic design, content creation, and social media management. She also oversees D3G’s Community Engagement and Volunteerism programs through local non-profit partnerships, volunteer and educational events, and managing D3G’s gift-matching program. Emily has always had a passion for service and aims to bring her colleagues more opportunities for connection, community, and understanding through social responsibility initiatives. In her free time, Emily is a member of project:HOMES Community Engagement Board. This emerging-professionals group brings further awareness of affordable housing needs in Richmond and surrounding communities.|