Education Summit - 2019
Please note: The program will begin promptly at 7:30am. Networking and light breakfast will be available at 7:00am.
ChamberRVA is pleased to announce the inaugural Education Summit, presented in partnership with the Virginia Chamber of Commerce. Join us as we work to align education and business communities around tomorrow's workforce talent requirements. We will discuss innovative educational approaches to address future talent needs.
We have a number of expert speakers who will lead our discussion:
- Kirk Cox, Speaker of the Virginia House of Delegates, on how the legislature is helping shape the future of education in Virginia, from primary through post-secondary
- Renee Haltom, VP and Richmond Regional Executive of the Federal Reserve Bank, on the region's economic outlook
- Leslie Parpart of CarMax, Victor Branch of Bank of America, and Mitch Haddon of ColonialWebb in a panel discussion on talent, projected workforce needs, and perceived gaps today
- Stephen Moret, President and CEO of the Virginia Economic Development Partnership, on how talent and educational systems shape economic development and other critical issues for the Commonwealth
- Atif Qarni, Virginia Secretary of Education, and Dr. James Lane, Virginia Superintendent for Public Instruction, on the challenges and opportunities in K-12, moderated by Dr. Jamelle Wilson of the Virginia Board of Education
- Dr. Paula Pando, President of Reynolds Community College, on how community colleges are preparing graduates for the future
- Dr. Katherine Rowe, President of William & Mary, on how higher education is changing for the future and its role in the Commonwealth
If you are an educator or government official, ask us about receiving a special discounted rate.
Thank you to our sponsors below for making this important event possible. If you are interested in sponsoring the Education Summit, please contact Kelley McCall at email@example.com.